all credit card processing done with square
Serious about SecuritySquare’s approach to security is designed to protect both you and your customers. We monitor every transaction, we continuously innovate in fraud prevention, and we protect your data like our business depends on it—because it does. We adhere to industry-leading standards to manage our network, secure our web and client applications, and set policies across our organization.
Encryption and monitoringSquare enables trusted transactions between you and your customers by making secure payments as simple as possible. We do this by bringing to our sellers the technologies and monitoring that once were only available to the largest of merchants.
The Square Reader keeps payment information safe by encrypting it as soon as it’s received. When buyers insert their chip card or tap their contactless card or device, it talks back and forth with the Square Reader using encrypted messages to make sure it’s actually the cardholder who’s paying. The transaction information is also securely encrypted when sent to the buyer’s bank in a way that can’t be read by the seller, Square, or anyone else. We track the purchase as it goes through our software. We monitor your money until it’s deposited into your bank account.
In addition, we monitor each transaction to detect suspicious behavior from the moment it is processed to settlement. Square uses our algorithms to spot and freeze malicious or suspicious activity. We’re looking out for you and your customers at each step.
Secure network, servers, and dataSquare’s network and servers are housed in a secure facility monitored around the clock by dedicated security staff.
- Card-processing systems adhere to the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Square requires sensitive data to be encrypted using industry-leading methods when stored on disk or transmitted over public networks.
- Square uses standard, well-reviewed cryptographic protocols and message formats (such as SSL and PGP) when transferring data.
- Square requires that cryptographic keys are at least 128 bits long. Asymmetric keys must be at least 2048 bits long.
- Square regularly installs security updates and patches on its servers and equipment.
- Security settings of applications and devices are tuned to ensure appropriate levels of protection.
- Networks are strictly segregated according to security level. Modern, restrictive firewalls protect all connections between networks.
- Card-processing applications adhere to PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1.
- Square prohibits the storage of card numbers, magnetic stripe data, and security codes on client devices.
- Applications developed in-house are subject to strict quality testing and security review.
- Web development follows industry-standard secure coding guidelines, such as those recommended by OWASP.
- Square requires sensitive data to be encrypted using industry-standard methods when stored on disk or transmitted over public networks.
- Square controls access to sensitive data, application data, and cryptographic keys.
- Two-factor authentication and strong password controls are required for administrative access to systems.
- Security systems and processes are tested on a regular basis by qualified internal and external teams.
- Access to secure services and data is strictly logged, and audit logs are reviewed regularly.
- Security policies and procedures are carefully documented and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Detailed incident response plans have been prepared to ensure proper protection of data in an emergency.
mag strip reader
Dip the chip.
CHIP CARD READER
Tap and go.
also accepting paypal for your convenience
Your financial information
- Paypal helps keep your transactions secure by not sharing your your full financial information with sellers.
- We monitor transactions 24/7. That should help you rest easy.
- Our encryption help keeps your online transactions guarded from start to finish.